emmeline pankhurst

jeudi 10 février 2011

about the blog...

Paris, juin 2010

The title of the long-awaited blog, which is supposed to both rescue my moribund career and resuscitate my sense of myself a writer, is actually inspired by an excerpt from an Adrienne Rich poem, "Song," in which the poet describes herself as a

"rowboat ice-fast on the shore
in the last red light of the year
that knows what it is, that knows it’s neither
ice nor mud nor winter light
but wood, with a gift for burning.”

Of course, the poem starts with Rich's own loneliness and sense of isolation, and I used to identify with the Rich's rowboat,  but this is no longer true as I am in love, in my "année de coton" (first year of marriage) and living with in Paris, and I love him.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire